Planning The Funeral
At J W Binks Funeral Director’s, we understand that the idea of planning a funeral can be a daunting prospect. We are here to guide you every step of the way, ensuring nothing gets overlooked and your loved one gets the funeral that reflects their personality.
The following questions have been compiled to help you think about the decisions that you will need to make when arranging a funeral. When you meet with your funeral director we will discuss everything from this list in detail and help you make informed choices.
- Is the funeral to be a burial or a cremation?
- Where would you like the service to be held - a church, cemetery, crematorium chapel or somewhere else?
- Do you have a preference to the type of service, and subsequent requirement for a particular minister of religion or oﬃciant to take the funeral service?
- Will you require any limousines to follow the hearse?
- Where would you like the cortege to leave from?
- Will you be holding a reception after the funeral?
- Will you be visiting the deceased in the chapel of rest?
- Are you welcoming ﬂowers to be sent to the funeral or would you prefer donations in lieu for a chosen charity?
- Would you like J W Binks to place any newspaper or online notices to announce details of the funeral?
- Have you considered your choice of coﬃn?
- Have you given any thought to music or hymns during the service?
- Would you like J W Binks to print Orders of Service?
You can use the information provided on this website to help you make most of the necessary decisions, however please don’t feel obligated to do this if you do not feel ready. We can go over everything when we sit down to arrange the funeral, there is no rush.